As Information Architect, work in a team
- Process analysis, optimization and documentation (web and document)
- Training material development
- Information system analysis, optimization and blueprint documentation
- Documentation team including development, implementation, support, authors and illustrators.
- Application engineers team
Documentation and information technologies used
- Docmentation and information formats
- DITA (topic based text)
- OntoML (parameter based data)
- FrameMaker (document template)
- RDF/OWL (linked open data)
- Illustration formats
- Document/content management systems
- Multiple home grown document management
- Alfresco (open source content management)
- Componize (DITA based component content management)
- Documentation tools
- oXygen editor
There are many tools, systems and technologies. Technology is developing fast so you have continuous choices to make. You do not want to be in a position where your vendor decides on your progress. On the other hand, vendors do help you to move forward faster, they do help you learn the next steps. There is always this balance to partner with a vendor but allow for future growth. Open standards help you to prevent lock-in and many vendors understand and help you optimize to take advantage of the technologies.
Key is that the technology is only there to support your process for creating, managing and distributing your information.